Turkey Hill Dairy is a food processor that has grown in the last twenty-five years from a small, local Lancaster County dairy into a powerful food brand. Best known for its ice cream and iced teas (the #1 refrigerated iced tea in the U.S. for the last nine years), Turkey Hill employs 700 associates in a non-union, very modern operation with strong careers in areas such as production, warehouse, distribution (drivers), marketing, accounting, quality assurance and other related support staff jobs. Its core business territory ranges from New England to North Carolina along the east coast, but recent sales expansion has taken the brand further south and as far west as California and Oregon, including major metropolitan areas like Atlanta, Indianapolis, Detroit, Denver and Los Angeles.
Please review the following job postings for current openings. If you are interested in a Current Opening, click the View Details link to find out more information, and then click the Apply button to complete the online application.
DSD Route TraineesView Details
Direct Store Delivery – CDL Class A Route Trainees
The Direct Store Delivery (DSD) Route Trainee will fill a variety of needed roles in Distribution while training for a DSD Route position. Management will monitor the progress of associates in this training position and will assign qualified Trainees to a DSD Route position, as needed. This position is considered a development position and Trainees should continue to demonstrate improvement and willingness to accept a permanent position when assigned.
• Assist in making route deliveries of fluid or frozen products in a CDL Class A or B vehicle as a helper/trainee.
• Once in an established route, the trainee would be responsible for all aspects of the assigned Class A delivery routes, including delivery, communication, issue resolution, etc.
• Arrive at specified scheduled starting time as assigned by the Distribution Supervisor.
• Available to work varied scheduled work hours, as assigned.
• Required to wear only authorized uniform during working hours.
• Perform required vehicle safety inspections before operating any company vehicle.
• Drive in a safe and courteous manner per the Fleet Safety guidelines.
• Maintain a professional relationship with all customers and associates.
• Maintain good housekeeping principles within the truck cab and cargo area.
• As required, maintain driver log according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) regulations.
• Work with team leader or assigned trainer to learn all aspects of DSD Route deliveries.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Class A Commercial Driver’s License
• Valid and updated Medical certification
• Willingness to accept a Full-time route position when assigned
• 1-3 years of driving and/or distribution experience
Please include job code EVR-DSDA113 in the job code field of the application.
Central Yard DispatcherView Details
Central Yard Dispatcher
The Yard Jockey Central Dispatcher receives requests for equipment moves in the Turkey Hill yard from various internal customers, records activity, and communicates requests to the yard jockeys.
• Receive requests equipment moves from various departments via phone, 2-way radio, computer, and CB radio.
• Documents all yard activity in yard management software
• Communicate move requests and other assignments with yard jockeys via 2-way radio
• Monitor all inbound and outbound truck traffic and record updates in yard management system.
• Distributes daily reports as assigned
• Monitors yard activities to assure timely response to customer needs. Communicates concerns to Team Leader and/or Supervisor.
• Maintains a professional relationship with all internal and external customers
• Good communication skills (written, oral and computer)
• Must be able to Multi-Task and concentrate on tasks from assignment to completion
• Computer data entry skills needed and comfortable with Excel
• Must be able to work a rotational schedule with weekends.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods
• 1 – 3 years of data entry and/or customer service experience preferred.
Please use job code EVR-CTD13 in the job code field of the application
National Sales Manager, Alternate ChannelsView Details
We have an opening for a
National Sales Manager, Alternate Channels
The National Sales Manager, Alternate Channels is responsible for sales goal attainment, sales execution, market strategy, development and promotional spending for Alternate Channels on a national basis. Alternate Channels include but are not limited to C-Stores, C-Store Wholesalers, Drug Chains, Club Stores, Dollar Stores, Independent Distributors and Kroger Deli/Bakery sales. This position provides a critical role in the development and ongoing training of Business Development sales associates. The National Sales Manager, Alternate Channels provides a sales role model for the organization and demonstrates the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Recruit, hire, direct, evaluate, train, motivate, and manage the Business Development sales organization. Provide coaching and mentoring on a regular basis.
• Provide leadership for Food Broker selection, training and evaluation. Lead associates to perform annual broker review.
• Schedule and plan regular “work withs” with Business Development sales associates providing ongoing training regarding Professional Selling Skills fundamentals.
• Work closely with the Vice President of Business Development and Human Resource Department to facilitate personnel administration and to assure compliance with pertinent legal and policy issues at all times.
• Make at a minimum, an annual customer headquarters call to each key account.
• Allocate and approve funds from the annual capital equipment budget.
• Create and track annual sales and spending plans by individual customer and market. Set and track item authorization goals by customer and sales associate. Lead sales associates in the development and follow up activities of prospect lists by region.
• Provide additional personal senior level sales service to selected large and/or strategic customers.
• Oversee, direct and evaluate sales associates activities involving key functions beyond the “selling function” E.G.
a. Accounting - Collections and deductions.
b. Marketing - Publicity and trade events.
c. Distribution - Delivery requirements and service issues
• Develop and make recommendations regarding sales marketing programs and opportunities. Develop and utilize monitoring systems to measure effectiveness and cost efficiencies.
• Significant travel including overnights and occasional weekends.
• Coordinate with Production staff for special or seasonal orders and/or resolve customer product concerns.
• Provide leadership and coordination in regards to orders and delivery within the Turkey Hill network including participating Kroger manufacturing locations.
• Leadership of Kroger Deli/Bakery category including regularly scheduled sales calls to headquarters in Cincinnati and each division.
• Four year relevant college degree
• 5 years of food industry and sales experience
• Five (5) years of management experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs, database and spreadsheet applications
• Ability to travel independently overnight, as needed
Please put job code EVR-NSMAC in the job code field of the application
Applications Developer IView Details
We have an opening for a
Applications Developer I
The Application Developer I position is responsible for designing, developing, testing, debugging, maintaining, and documenting software components in accordance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Developer participates in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for the design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. This position will function under the guidance and direction of the Application Development Team Leader and under the general supervision of the Information Technology Supervisor.
• Use standard tools, techniques, and programming languages to develop applications and reports which meet the defined specifications.
• Work with senior Developers to analyze, design, and create database structures which support business requirements.
• Under guidance of Business Systems Analyst learn to perform and apply thorough business process analysis.
• Develop software applications given specified business requirements.
• Design queries and custom reports to make data accessible to business units.
• Include appropriate comments and documentation in programming code.
• Perform basic system testing of all applications and reports.
• Provide up-to-date user instructions and technical documentation for all applications and reports.
• Troubleshoot software issues and work with end-users, developers, and vendors to resolve minor to moderate software problems.
• Coordinate activity necessary to communicate, test, and resolve software issues.
• Provide timely and appropriate user support for all applications.
• Record support activity and document solutions for future reference.
• Support and implementation of IT initiatives including, but not limited to after-hours and weekend support to the organization.
• BS in Computer Science or related computer or information science field
• 1-3 years of related experience, either through internships, temporary assignments or full time work.
• Fluent in object-oriented programming (OOP)
• Knowledge of the C# language or with languages in the C family
• Experience in SQL / relational database design
• Solid ability in technical writing
• Strong communication skills (oral, written, teamwork)
The following skills are a strong plus but not required:
• XAML & WPF
• N-Tier Architecture (MVVM / MVC)
• ORM tools, i.e. Entity Framework / NHibernate / JPA
• Dependency Injection, i.e. Castle Windsor
Please use job code EVR-ADI in the job code field of the application.
Market Research CoordinatorView Details
We have an immediate opening for a
Market Research Coordinator
The Market Research Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating Turkey Hill’s quantitative and qualitative research, and preparing materials for market research efforts. Associate will also review and provide analysis on demographic and loyalty research. Associate will assist in development of marketing information reports and presentations using IRI, intranet, internet, consumer database, or other available resources.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with the Market Research Manager on marketing initiatives and market research.
• Coordinate primary marketing research efforts, including, but not limited to preparing/reviewing screeners, discussion guides, questionnaires and other research materials, and developing/reviewing surveys and polls for quantitative studies.
• Coordinate all necessary supplies, samples, and travel requirements, plus determine appropriate personnel for research studies.
• Review and make recommendations to appropriate management on all internally developed research. In addition, coordinate executive summaries/recommendations on externally developed research initiatives.
• Prepare presentations and/or ad hoc reports on new product introduction, sales, industry, or economic trends as directed by Market Research Manager. This may include presenting reports or supporting someone else during a presentation. Responsible for accuracy, timeliness, continuity, summarizing and troubleshooting data.
• Assist Market Research Manager in the preparation of new product business plans and evaluations.
• Evaluate and prepare periodic reports based on retailer, market, product or demographic topics related to specific strategy, sales or marketing business matters. Will require associate to use a variety of sources including, but not limited to, loyalty card programs (e.g. dunnhumby) and demographic programs (Nielsen Spectra).
• Monitor key product and market trends, as well as competitors’ activities by using a variety of sources including the competitions’ websites, Google alerts, press releases, general news stories, new product development and releases, 10(k) filings, annual reports, pricing survey, etc. Associate will prepare and provide communication summarizing information to appropriate personnel within Turkey Hill Dairy.
• Prepare retailer location analyses and support materials as requested by Market Research Manager. Associate will be required to use programs such as DeLorme Street Atlas and Spectra to acquire retailer address locations and to map locations. Materials to be used in developing sales support material or consumer relations’ materials.
• Provide support to Market Research Manager and Market Analyst for preparation of customer plan-o-grams and retailer SKU rationalization. Will require working knowledge of Spaceman or Apollo programs, or the ability to quickly learn the most pertinent functions of either program. Usage will go beyond creating item sets to actual study and recommendation of items on shelf to the benefit of the customer. Must be able to work closely with both the customer and the sales associate with data backing up support decisions.
• Provide support and backup to Market Research Manager and Market Analyst for syndicated data materials. Will require Associate to have a working knowledge of the company’s syndicated data programs, including but not limited to, syndicated (SymphonyIRI), KCMSDW, Executive Viewer and the Databarn. Associate must be able to review and analyze materials as well as create written analyses and recommendations for other associates and executives.
• Monitor feedback from consumers, the trade arena, friends, family, and colleagues and routinely reports any perceived trends to the marketing managers to encourage a universal concern for quality.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or related experience preferably in Marketing, Business or Market Research
• 2-5 years of professional experience in marketing or market research or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills and a high proficiency in statistics or mathematics
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and database software applications required.
Please use job code EVR-MRC in the job code field of the application
Store FulfillmentView Details
test of description
Guest Services AssociateView Details
We have an immediate opening for
Part-Time Guest Services Associate, Turkey Hill Experience
Located at 301 Linden Street, Columbia, PA 17512
Guest Services Associates are responsible for the overall satisfaction of guests and serve as subject matter experts for the information contained in the Turkey Hill Experience and in Lancaster and surrounding counties. These associates ensure that all guest needs are met and they have an enjoyable experience. In addition, Guest Services Associates sell admission tickets and retail souvenirs. They operate the souvenir photo area, maintain the appearance of the retail shop and act as step on tour guides for motor coach groups who register for guided tours of Columbia. Associates must be able to communicate effectively and possess a pleasant personality and neat appearance. This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays. These associates are role models and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensures world class service is provided to each and every guest that visits the Turkey Hill Experience.
• Must be personable and communicate well verbally.
• Must be able to speak to guests clearly and politely, and must be a good listener in order to understand what guests are asking.
• Must be able to ensure that tours are booked, entered and completed in a timely and effective manner.
• Responsible for greeting buses as they arrive and welcoming guests with excitement and enthusiasm.
• Responsible for acting as tour guide for motor coach tours of the town.
• Operate souvenir photo booth.
• Must be able to pleasantly greet guests as they enter The Experience.
• Must be able to ensure that guests stand in an orderly fashion before doors open and guests enter.
• Responsible for obtaining guests information to create and maintain a guest data base.
• Maintain relationships with third party agencies and effectively book group tours.
• Responsible for processing the sale of experience tickets, counting money and sorting sales receipts.
• Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the Experience Center by restocking shelves, cleaning, sweeping, dusting mopping and collecting trash as needed.
• Clean restrooms and ensure adequate supply of soap, tissue, towels and other items.
• Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers as instructed by the Supervisor.
• Must be familiar with all aspects of The Experience including company history and facility layout.
• Must be able to assist guests with special needs.
• Must be able to work in crowded venues and handle situations simultaneously.
• Must be able to work well under pressure and treat guests with respect.
• Must be able to handle incoming phone calls in a pleasant manner and provide information and directions
• Where applicable, perform all duties within established Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) regulations and safety guidelines; including the use of all personal protective equipment and devices as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned to ensure successful completion of job-related assignments, department and business objectives.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
Please use job code MAS-GSA in the job code field of the application.