Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 package of your favorite Soft Oatmeal Cookies (we use the large ones)
- 1/2 gallon Turkey Hill Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 can pumpkin (12-14 oz.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped finely)
Open cookies and count out an even amount. Place onto a cookie sheet, top sides down.
In a large mixing bowl, add 3/4 of the ice cream and mash a bit with a large spoon to soften the ice cream up a bit.
Add 3/4 can of the pumpkin, and the pumpkin pie spice . Mix to combine all ingredients.
With an ice cream scooper, scoop one large serving of the pumpkin pie ice cream onto half of the cookies. Top with the leftover cookies and press down carefully, don't break the cookies!
Roll the edges of the ice cream sandwiches into the chopped pecans. Wrap in plastic wrap and place into freezer for 2-4 hours or until firm.
Serve with warm apple cider for the perfect fall ice cream treat!