- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Havarti
- 2 5-oz. pkgs. Boursin with herbs, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyère
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Preheat oven to 350°. Butter an 8-cup baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter. In the dish, layer a third each of the yellow onions, red onions, and leeks. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top with Havarti. Make another layer using another third of the onions and leeks, seasoning each with more salt and pepper. Top with Boursin. Layer the rest of the onions and leeks. Top with Gruyère. Dot the top with the remaining butter, then pour wine over all. Bake for 1 hour uncovered. Cover with aluminum foil if it gets too brown. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.