Judi's Ice Cream Sundae Dessert
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 oz. box of vanilla wafers (crushed)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
- 2 quarts Turkey Hill Vanilla Ice Cream (or your favorite flavor)
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips with milk and salt. Cook and stir until thickened, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumbs into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan. Chill for 10-15 minutes. Pour chocolate over crumbs. Cover and freeze for 20-25 minutes or until firm. Spread the softened ice cream over chocolate. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs. Freeze at least two hours before serving. A great dessert for a special occasion party and a change from the usual ice cream cakes.
Submitted by Judi from Bel Air, Md.