Turkey Hill Turkey Hill Ice Cream Sundae Cake (Party Size) Recipe
- 2 lb. crumbled (not crushed) chocolate chip cookies, (not the moist type)*
- 1 16-oz. container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, softened
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1 bottle (about 20 oz.) chocolate syrup*
- 2 1.5 QTS containers of Turkey Hill ice cream, slightly softened (try Neapolitan and vanilla)*
- Maraschino cherries
* Just like a real ice cream sundae, you can alter this recipe to include your favorite flavors of ice cream, cookies, syrup, and toppings. Try butter pecan ice cream with pecan sandies and butterscotch topping! Red and green toppings will make your dessert look more festive!
Melt butter, then stir in cookie crumbs. Line bottom of an 11" x 15" pan with about half the crumb mixture. Spread whipped topping over the crumbs. Top with as much syrup as desired. Spoon one 1.5 QTS container of ice cream on top. (Note that Neapolitan works best as a middle layer, while a single flavor looks nicer as the top layer.) Add more crumbs, reserving a little for garnish. Add another layer of syrup, then the other 1.5 QTS container of ice cream. Drizzle a little more syrup on top, then sprinkle with the remaining crumbs and the cherries. Add more garnish (such as nuts or sprinkles) if desired. Freeze overnight.